Call For Speakers at the Extraordinary Travel Festival in October of 2022.
The ETF Speaker Application is officially open until June, 2022. We will send out all accepts and/or declines by August, 2022. Please plan for this and thank you for your patience. We are on a continual quest to find the most interesting and engaging speakers from around the globe.
We are looking for speakers who are committed to sharing valuable, actionable and inspirational information as well as being a full participant at the ETF 2022. If you would like to be a speaker for, please read this information thoroughly before submitting a speaking proposal
Speaking at the Extraordinary Travel Festival is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise while meeting your peers from around the globe. But it does require a commitment from you. Here is some primary information:
- Speakers should plan to arrive in Yerevan no later than October 13th, early enough to join the speaker dinner. The event will end on October 16th in the late afternoon. There are pre and post events and trips (optional and extra) that you might be interested in. Please review the schedules as we announce more information.
SELECTING A TOPIC
This is an overview of what type of content we are looking for.
- ETF breakout sessions are approximately 50 minutes in length. Please allow some time for Q&A.
- We are looking for two different types of sessions: actionable/educational and inspirational/storytelling
- Actionable/educational. Examples of these types of sessions would be “All you need to know about traveling to Afghanistan”, “How to travel to Socotra and mainland Yemen”, “What to do in the DRC besides visiting the gorillas”, and “How to fly between the Pacific islands”
- We expect our speakers to share timely and recent experiences. We expect speakers to be “product” experts and have deep knowledge in what they are sharing
- Inspirational/storytelling. Examples of these sessions would be “How I volunteer taught in every country in the world”, “How I lived on the Outer Islands of Yap for 3 months and what lessons I learned”, “Lessons learned from 3 weeks on a cargo ship on the Congo River” and “What I learned from biking from Alaska to Argentina”
- Our speakers should be sharing truly unique adventures and stories that will entertain, motivate, and inspire their listeners
- A laptop, projector, and screen will be provided for each breakout session
SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSAL
- All submissions must be sent via this submission form.
- Please fill out this form completely
- Prepare a brief and catchy description of your session idea. The description should be tight enough for an attendee to understand what the session is about
- Actionable/educational. List a minimum of 2-3 takeaways that someone would be able to utilize while planning their next trip. We want you to share actionable advice to help people plan their trips
- Inspirational/storytelling. What will the attendee take away after listening to your session. Please list the takeaways that will stay with the attendee
- We expect speakers to promote their participation in the ETF
- Speakers will be highlighted on the ETF website/social media with relevant links/photo
- Your session should not pitching or selling your blog, company, product or services. A great presentation will organically promote your business. No one wants to hear a commercial. Of course, when you do your introduction and closing, it is reasonable to share information about your blog/company, etc. at that time
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- All speakers receive complimentary registration (free ticket)
- You will receive three complimentary nights at one of the official conference hotels
- We do not pay for transportation fees
- We do not pay speakers
- We do not cover expenses beyond registration for attendees and hotel
- Registration fees, flights and hotel are not provided for sponsors speaking at the ETF
- ETF is looking for solo speakers, not teams or groups
- Hotel accommodation is provided if the spouse, partner or companion occupies the same room as the speaker
- No other benefits are provided for spouse/companion
For questions please email info@extraordinarytravelfestival with any questions.